Timeline and Skills
Each fall, Brayman seeks to fill several internship positions for a 14-week summer rotation typically lasting from May – August, to be based within our corporate office in Saxonburg as well as at a few key field projects. The program consists of various rotations throughout our divisions including heavy civil, foundations, and estimating, as well as specific positions for the business operations group, primarily focused within finance and accounting. As a construction/engineering intern you will be exposed to all aspects of construction project management as well as participate at projects in the field.
Interns produce two work summaries and one final presentation related to their role and experience in the program.
- Coordinating projects and activities
- Preparing project reports
- Computation of cost and preparing estimates
- Analyzing blueprints, proposals, and labor estimates
- Follow all safety procedures to complete work
- General laborer duties
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in either Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a similar field
- Will consider Business Management candidates who have an interest in starting a career in Project Management within the construction industry
- Must be comfortable working in both an office and construction environment
- Strong knowledge in blueprint reading and specifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have interest in working hard and being challenged daily